A fresh new look is fun and filled with inspiration, and home improvements can add to functional use of your living space in addition to quality of life for the time you spend enjoying it!
We have a few practical tips and suggestions to share as you begin to dream on the possibilities!
* With your ideas in hand, be sure to check with your homeowner’s association and property management team. Each community will have its own governing rules and procedures, and you’ll want to be sure that your plans fit within these and have been approved before you begin!
* Check in with your county and city offices for information related to permitting your home renovations. These might include updates to code, safety concerns, environmental and conservation considerations and more!
* If the work you’re considering involves electrical power or gas service, be sure to check in with your service providers for their guidance and assistance as needed!
* When selecting your contractor(s), interview at least a couple and verify any licensing, bonding and insurance!
* Check in with your insurance company. In addition to the insurance carried by your contractor, you may want or need (or be required to maintain) insurance related to your projects! Consider, alongside any construction insurance, keeping a personal umbrella policy. Review coverage and exclusions with your insurance agents so you can assess the value and importance of policy coverage!
* When evaluating the size and scope of your project(s), take into careful consideration your thoughts about how long you hope to remain in the home, whether the work is geared toward your personal interests and enjoyment or to strengthen resale value!
We hope you’ll remember us when you’re ready to take the next steps toward owning a first home or transitioning from one home to another!
…and browse the CONDOATLANTA Search Engine to scout the marketplace more broadly!
We’re here to help and would be delighted to chat with you about the home you’re hoping to sell, and the home you’re hoping to find!
Call on us… We would be delighted to speak with you!