The following link includes lots of helpful information and ideas!
A few additional ideas…
* If you have an unsecured (no-lock) mailbox, consider a secured post office box or locking mailbox for receipt of your mail.
* If you’re in the process of a move, double and triple check your mail forwarding. In addition to utilities, bank statements and credit card accounts, be sure you also provide your new address to all insurers and insurance agents, subscription providers including newsletters and magazines, organizations in which you’ve held memberships, the motor vehicles office, tax agencies and accounting firms, and more. You might even consider setting up a post office box well in advance of your move to be sure all mail is properly rerouted.
* Encrypt all sensitive email that might include data like your social security number, birth date, account numbers, and any other information that might make you vulnerable to ID theft.
* Be careful about the information you make available about yourself via social media.
* Be aware of scams, those that have made the rounds and new ones emerging.
* Consider a good quality monitoring service, or a credit freeze until you need to access this information (if this is an option, and understanding the thawing process as well for both the time required and procedures).
We hope you’ll remember us when you’re ready to take the next steps toward owning a first home or transitioning from one home to another!
We’re here to help and would be delighted to chat with you about the home you’re hoping to sell, and the home you’re hoping to find!
Call on us… We would be delighted to speak with you!